Aberdeen and District Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament invite you to a weekend of action from 13th to 15th April to scrap the Trident nuclear missile system. With thanks to Jonathan Russell.
There are many reasons to get involved:
- The abhorrence of Nuclear weapons and their potential for mass slaughter and ultimately to destroy our planet.
- At a time of massive cuts in public spending the one obvious cut is that of the replacement for Trident, estimated by Greenpeace at £97 billion
Whether you are for, against or undecided on the question of independence, the debate will foreground the question on whether we should have nuclear weapons in Scotland, the UK or, indeed, anywhere in the world.
A coalition of groups opposed to Trident has been formed both at Scottish level and locally – see: http://scraptrident.org/ – as a result of which there will be joint action by a number of local groups over the coming weeks which will include:
- Weekly stalls/leafleting outside Marks and Spencer’s on every Saturday: 23rd, 30th March and 6thApril from 2-4pm
- On March 30th at 2pm there will be a gathering outside Marks and Spencer with speakers opposed to Trident
- On Sunday 31st March there will be non-violent direct action training from 2-6pm at the Belmont Cinema
- On Saturday 13th April there will be a coach going to the demonstration in Glasgow leaving from Spa Street (at the back of His Majesty’s Theatre) at 7.30am. The coach will leave from Glasgow at 4pm and return to Aberdeen for around 7.30pm. Cost of tickets will be £12 waged / £8 unwaged.
If you wish to travel on the coach please let Jonathan know either by phone leaving a message at 01224 586435 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org