With thanks to National Trust for Scotland.
Do you want to be a Guinness World Record Breaker? On Saturday 9th of September we will be attempting the Largest Strip the Willow at Castle Fraser and we need YOU.
In the year 2000 Edinburgh broke the record with 1,914 people during their Hogmanay. We are ready to bring the record to Aberdeenshire.
So save the date and get your dancing shoes at the ready!
Organiser Paula Swan said:
“I can’t wait to see it. It was a little idea we had last year and only last week we got confirmation from Guinness World Records to say we could do it.
“Now it’s a reality and we’re really excited about pulling it together, and the responses we’ve had so far have been fantastic.”
“The great thing about Castle Fraser is you can stand on the tower, so we’re planning on filming it.
“We’re also going to fly drones across the field to really capture all the people having fun.”
Due to the nature of this record attempt participants must be 10 years and over. If you are a business or group and would like to register a team to take part please get in contact with email@example.com
Registration: Opens at 12:00pm and closes at 1:30pm for a 2:00pm record breaking kick off.
There will be catering vans and activities to help you to warm up and stay limber. Please keep in mind that we do live in Scotland so dress for the weather. We will be going ahead with our attempt regardless of the weather, so please bring suitable clothing and footwear as you will be dancing on grass. Ponchos will be available to buy on the day if you do require one.
Tickets are limited, booking essential.
The event would not be possible without the hard work and contribution of the following people;
– Iron Broo; who are performing the lovely ceilidh music that will help us strip that willow
– STV’s Andrea Brymer; who will be hosting the event
– Deeside Caledonia will be performing before we kick off the attempt
– Gordon School of Dancing will be showing us all how it’s done before the attempt
– A-line will be providing all AV and Tech support to make this event possible
– Mike Gall Transport for providing the staging required
– Fennel Media who will be filming the amazing attempt
Let’s do this Aberdeenshire!
- Comments enabled – see comments box below. Note, all comments will be moderated.