This year’s TechFest is bigger than ever before, and it’s not too late to catch a host of lectures, activities and events. TechFest runs through Sunday 9 September at various venues throughout Aberdeen. Archaeology, Psychology, Geology and even Mixology get a look in this time around.
The Bill Bryson talk may be sold out, but there are still plenty of free events for people of all ages. These include:-
- ‘Is Access to Water a Human Right’ – Friday 15.30pm
- ‘CSI – Fact or Fiction?’ – Saturday 10am
- ‘Café Cosmos’ – Sunday 10am
- ‘Looking for Leviathans’ – Sunday 1pm
- ‘Multi-Track Mixing’ – all day Saturday
- Festival Finale – Sunday from 7pm
Do check the programme for dozens more events, event locations (some free events may still require booking in advance). Times may change; check with the organisers. Or better still, wander up to the Spiegeltent on Aberdeen University Campus, and see what’s going on when you get there. Details and booking: www.britishsciencefestival.org
There is a festival bar at Elphinstone Hall, and other eating and drinking venues on campus.